The Walmart.com Home Team is looking for an individual who can collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, customer driven environment, demonstrate strong business instinct/judgment, drive innovative thinking and leverage the latest tools and technology to analyze data and generate insights to rapidly grow and scale our 3rd party sellers’ assortment to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
• Partner with key functional partners such as account management, customer insight group and merchandising team to identify a list of unique selection that we need to acquire and onboard to our platform in order to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
• Research and develop a target list of sellers that have the identified selection above.
• Develop and execute a seller acquisition strategy (source, evaluate, and close deals) that enable us to achieve our new seller onboarding targets.
• Identify, prioritize and lead strategic projects (from problem definition to strategy formulation and implementation planning/execution) to enhance the customer experience for Marketplace selection.
• Perform ad hoc analyses and deep dive of Salesforce.com data
The Business Development Lead, Home Marketplace will play a key role in defining the selection and seller acquisition strategy that will drive rapid growth in Home Marketplace assortment to fulfill the needs of Walmart customers. This position requires the ability to collaborate with the Merchandising, Category Management, and Technical Integration teams to acquire and onboard new sellers to bring new and unique selection that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree from top school, MBA or JD Preferred from top tier school. 5- 8 years experience.
- Online ecommerce and/or Marketplace experience desired
- Demonstrated success in business development, sales operations, including strategic planning, execution and continuous improvement
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and communication skills and strong follow through
- Ability to travel
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.