Continuous Improvement Operations Manager
- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team General Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1193542
What you'll do at
Continuous Improvement Operations Manager
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of multiple departments. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Directs and facilitates the ongoing lean improvement process through the use of techniques such as Kaizen, 5’S, TPM, Kanban, Policy Deployment, etc.
- Manage the associate idea process which includes communication with all levels of associates and management.
- Drive action on a variety of projects across multiple building disciplines.
- Motivate multiple entities to collaborate on cross functional actions.
- Analyze data sets and large amounts of information to assist the operation in making sound business decisions.
- Run a variety of reports to help keep the operation up-to-date on performance.
- Provides lean improvement orientation and on-the-job training for teammates and ensures that the responsibilities are defined and understood, and oversees the lean projects.
- Identify ongoing lean improvement training needs and assist with developing and implementing the required training
- Identify needs relating to improvements in safety/ergonomics and assist in developing and implementing solutions to these issues.
- Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets.
Physical Activities/Work Environment
- Typical FC environment with exposure to varying temperatures on a regular basis
- Concentrated mental and visual attention with a high degree of manual dexterity
- Requires continuous physical activity and the ability to lift and move up to 50lbs continuously
- Requires walking, standing, bending and continuous sitting for long periods. Repetitive hand motions
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment including safety glasses and safety shoes
- Works in accordance with general safety rules and practices
- Full working knowledge of Lean Concepts with demonstrated success
- Prior experience leading or facilitating Kaizen events
- Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Proven analysis and presentation skills including use of common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, with a high attention to detail
- 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or order fulfillment environment
- BS, BA or similar degree with an emphasis in engineering, operations, manufacturing, business, or similar is desired
- 2 years experience as a Walmart Logistics supervisor or manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing
- workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates
- Both Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations
- Management); and 3 years experience in an operations/distribution/logistics environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing
- employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees
- 1 year experience managing budgets, managing P&L, developing manpower forecasts, and analyzing financial/operational data