Senior Product Manager, Inventory Systems
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1162758
What you'll do at
The Inventory Management team is building a new Unified Inventory Platform across Walmart eCommerce to help seamlessly share inventory across our ecommerce units and where necessary leverage physical store level inventory to meet customer demand. Having the unified inventory, will also help improve customer demand forecasting so we can optimally replenish. We are looking for a Product Owner to spearhead the development of the next generation inventory platform for Walmart.
Effectively managing inventory involves understanding all the different sources of inventory by business units and modeling out capacity allowances by business units. Doing this a Walmart scale – over 500 M store item combinations - makes it one of the largest and most challenging problems of its kind in the world while also being the most impactful. Talk to us to if you are interested in taking up the challenge.
As a Product Manager you will play a unique role to drive product vision, define roadmaps, and work closely with key stakeholders to build the Unified Inventory solution. You are responsible for bridging business and technology to drive innovation by owning the product lifecycle from concept through launch.
What You'll do
In this role, you will:
- Lead design, development, and deployment of the inventory solution that drives fulfillment for all of Walmart eCommerce
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems and processes are setup to scale for explosive growth
- Partner with key stakeholders to define requirements, drive adoption, lead user acceptance testing, and address business and system issues
- Work with rock star engineering teams in a fast paced, agile development process
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights
- Communicate the benefits and champion the system throughout the organization
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product manager within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com)
- Diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in their fields
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience
- The ability to influence the direction of a company only constrained by your vision and passion to execute
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
- Proven team leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Excel and experience with SQL or other BI tools