Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Affiliate Marketing
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team Marketing Analytics & Insights
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1160763
What you'll do at
The Affiliates & Partnerships team at Jet & Walmart combines rigorous quantitative analysis with creative optimization and business innovation. We focus on developing high-touch, high-impact relationships that can move the needle for our overall business, support the needs of our category-based retail teams, and deliver performance-based results. We’re looking for someone to play a significant role in forming new marketing partnerships to support the growth across retail categories, the overall affiliate channel and drive the topline of our business.
Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Affiliate
We’re looking for an Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships and Affiliate Marketing who will be responsible for building impactful partnerships that drive Jet and Walmart’s customer growth and raise brand awareness in across retail categories.
You’ll work closely with our Head of Strategic Partnerships, as well as leads across Marketing, Retail and Operations, to develop and manage some of our most critical strategic partnerships, spearhead cross-functional deal implementation efforts, and research, evaluate and recommend potential collaborations.
A strong candidate will have great partnership and collaboration skills and love working cross-functionally as part of a team. This is an ideal position for a candidate who is looking to advance their career in business development, digital marketing, lead negotiation of effective business deal terms, and leverage both sales and revenue generating skills across a diverse business.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
• As part of a growing team, you will help cultivate new relationships with media companies, brands, service providers, growth companies and strategic partners.
• You will act as an external and internal advocate, working closely with cross-functional teams to drive projects forward.
• Build, lead and grow strategic partnerships. These initiatives will range from content partnerships with media companies, to collaborations with up and coming brands, to experiential marketing and popup shops that showcase Jet’s value proposition.
• Collaborate closely with category marketing leads to understand retail-based business objectives and support business development team in securing relationships that deliver against those objectives
• Leverage data, insights and measurement to test and learn what KPIs should be analyzed and tracked.
• Deep dive into partner data around traffic quality, product sales data, and customer cohorts to extract actionable insights
• Identify potential areas of opportunity to improve results and work closely with business development team to execute
• Work with internal cross-functional teams to obtain data, buy-in, and additional strategic capital necessary to make external partnerships successful
• Prepare internal communications providing status updates to stakeholders on progress of business development pipeline and highlight recent successes
• Analyze overall business development portfolio performance to ensure proper category mix and alignment with overall channel/retail team objectives
How you’ll know it’s right
• If playing in a jungle gym sounds more fun than climbing a ladder…
• If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
• If you pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know”…
• If you wake up thinking about big bold ideas but only sleep easy knowing your i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed…
We think you’d look great in purple.
• Minimum 10+ years of work experience in a related area (e.g. Partnership or Business Development, Marketing/Advertising/Digital, Consulting, Project Management)
• Passion for home and fashion categories with an appreciation for key players, innovators and opportunities in the spaces of content, media, and services
• Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and marketing leaders within client organizations
• Strong prospecting/hunting skills, balanced with a consultative approach to understanding client needs
• Effective communication skills – you’re equally comfortable hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up (with a “make things happen” attitude)
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Visio a must
• Enthusiasm and experience in ecommerce and consumer marketplaces
• Understanding the power of affiliate marketing and how it fits within an omnichannel strategy
• Knowledge of affiliate networks, Omniture, multi-touch attribution
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.