Consumer Product Development Specialist, Private Brands
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1160530
What you'll do at
The Consumer Product Development Specialist, Private Brands works cross functionally with the category management, marketing, quality, and site creative teams. Integral to this job function is a get it done work ethic and attitude. You will work with manufacturers, creative agencies, and quality assurance to develop and launch high quality, high value beautiful products that appeal to our target customer.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own your Private Brand Products – end to end – from concept to transaction on the website: Support the Brand and Product Development teams to bring initial concepts to life on site.
Work with product and marketing to build your Private Brand Products and enhance the customer experience: You will be working alongside embedded marketing and product resources to determine what your category looks like, found, displayed, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part managing and inspiring the Uniquely J creative development team.
- Support the execution of Uniquely J Packaging from mechanical through to final artwork.
- Work with Brand Director and outside agencies to creatively define each new group of products.
- Support the Product Development team through management of UJ suppliers re: graphic capabilities, packaging specs, product attributes, and pre-press printer information and collaboration.
- Work on adaptation to concepts where applicable to illustrate changes in strategy or design direction.
- Collaborate to obtain all final artwork approvals from Product and Brand team leads.
- Provide competitive landscape analysis to present to the team.
- Support marketing lead for UJ to execute marketing initiatives, which require attention.
- Assist with cuttings and panel testings in order to launch new products.
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to run your own company one day…
- We think you’d look great in purple.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- 2-5 years relevant professional experience
- Brand and product development experience
- Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. In Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.