Senior Analyst, FP&A
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Finance & Accounting
- Team Finance & Accounting
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1159465
What you'll do at
About The Job
The Senior Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis will report to the Associate Director of FP&A. Key responsibilities include:
- Be a trusted advisor as finance business partner. Help lead the financial planning and forecasting process across company fixed overheads in collaboration with the functional areas and leadership of the business.
- Support a regular and continuous forecast process by working with business unit owners to model and estimate financial results based on future action plans in coordination and in support of Jet’s strategy pillars – understanding and quantifying cost drivers, trends, risks and opportunities.
- Prepare, analyze and summarize various weekly and fiscal period results (including expenses, headcount, and other key performance indicators) for use by internal and external leadership team and to support ongoing forecasting.
- Perform deep-dive analytics on various expense line items and business activities to find opportunities for efficiencies and savings and lead cost saving initiatives in collaboration with other members of the Finance team.
- Prepare Jet’s financial reporting package monthly and quarterly including analysis of budget vs. actual results for internal stakeholders.
- Meet with department leads to understand key drivers of results and maintain forecast model, incorporating known changes in strategic initiatives and key trends that will impact future performance.
- Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc activities and analysis across the FP&A team.
- The individual who will be successful in this role is a bright, highly analytical professional who has a passion and focus on financial reporting with the ability to convert raw data into financial analysis.
- 3-5 years of practical finance and analysis experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with extensive analytical, financial forecasting and modeling experience, including creating financial models and analyses from the ground up.
- Experience using SQL and/or BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail with big picture orientation. Capable of interpreting findings, and communicating valuable, actionable insights.
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities and deliverables under the pressure of deadlines with composure.
- Self-starter; works independently and exhibits high degree of motivation, bias for action and a passion for innovation.
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
- Unfazed by the challenges of developing systems and processes from scratch.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.