Senior Manager Finance, Grocery
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Finance & Accounting
- Team Finance & Accounting
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1157224
What you'll do at
About the Job
Jet.com is seeking a Senior Finance Manager to lead the financial management of Jet’s Grocery business. We are looking for a strong finance leader to support the growth and financial success of this business unit.
This role reports to the head of FP&A but will require significant partnership and relationship building with operations, retail, marketing, and analytics teams across Jet and Walmart campuses. This individual will hold supervisory responsibility and will serve as the primary liaison between the executive team, Grocery business partners, and the Finance and Accounting organization. This individual will primarily be responsible for managing day-to-day FP&A activities, developing business cases, setting long range strategic objectives, and managing implementation of such objectives. Specific job responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the annual budgeting process for the Grocery business, from revenue to fulfillment and transportation through corporate overheads, maintaining alignment with Corporate Finance
- Establish and execute processes to track actual performance against plan, find the “why” behind performance, and maintain real-time financial forecasts
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and financial reporting in partnership with Corporate Finance and accounting. Be able to provide clear, concise executive updates
- Develop and maintain accurate reporting on key metrics to objectively analyze performance of the business and drive business partners to deliver the plan
Strategic Planning & Business Modeling
- Lead long range planning process for expansion of the Grocery business, including market prioritization, capital recommendations, variable economic models, revenue generation, and customer performance
- Produce scenario models to independently evaluate potential strategic choices and clearly communicate risks and benefits back to leadership
- Produce and present capital approval cases to Walmart and Jet executive leadership
- Communicate and build relationships across Walmart and Jet campuses to maintain alignment and support of initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of customer behavior, economic drivers of various Online Grocery models, market trends and internal initiatives to inform perspective
- Have a clear understanding of leadership-approved strategies, teams needed to execute, and key drivers of success for the project
- Drive projects to success through strong process discipline and project management capabilities, keeping projects on committed timelines
- Understand how changes to project scope and timeline impact the financial forecast and performance against the annual plan. Maintain constant communication with Corporate Finance and accounting on project status and future financial impacts
- Competitor & self-starter; exhibits high degree of motivation, a commitment to winning, and a passion for innovation
- Robust interpersonal skills coupled with verbal and PPT presentation skills; able to simply present the complex to anyone from executive leadership to project teams
- Structured and organized thinker who can solve big problems with minimal direction, tight deadlines, and competing priorities
- Desire to think big and dive deep; strong attention to detail with big picture perspective
- Strong understanding of the P&L and economic drivers
- Efficient with Excel and analytics tools (SQL preferred)
- Managerial experience preferred
- Experience in e-commerce industry preferred. Experience in Online Grocery industry a plus
- 6+ years of finance-related field (including management consulting, investment banking, big five accounting, within Fortune 500)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or related
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.