Senior Product Manager, SEO
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Customer Experience
- Team Product
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1141402
What you'll do at
What you'll do:
As Senior Product Manager, SEO for Jet.com you’ll be responsible for the organic search presence and performance of Jet.com across all search engines. You will work hand-in-hand with product managers and engineers to install best practices across all releases and hand-in-hand with marketing to capitalize on content opportunities and search trends. You will also define an SEO strategy that aligns with Jet’s mission to differentiate the retail experience with elevated content and curation throughout the customer journey.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
- You’ll have a unique, hybrid role - representing the product organization and liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners (Marketing, Analytics, Category Managers) to create data driven product and marketing plans that increase awareness and traffic for Jet.com
- You’ll partner closely with the Retail GMs to grow their business. Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design).
- Develop (or partner in developing) a long-term SEO strategy that meets aggressive business goals and get into the weeds in the cross-departmental execution of SEO features and functionality.
- Be our day-to-day in-house SEO expert and integrate best-practices in every project
- Own the organization and presentation of company content across our main site and blog
- Determine and prioritize content topics, manage internal and external teams to generate content, and determine optimal placement.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on metrics across our properties, optimize and adjust types of content in response to data
- Monitor and analyze the relevant competitive landscape and market trends
A successful candidate will be highly proficient in technical SEO best-practices, digital marketing, mobile platforms, social media, as well as ecommerce. It is ideal to have spent time in consumable and durable retail. This person will have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and must be rigorous and results driven, with a sense of urgency. S/he will possess excellent leadership, strong analytical, critical thinking skills, and strategic ability; and must be able to build strong relationships with key business partners both internal and external.
Here’s what you’ll need for the job:
- Proven leadership skills
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to leverage performance data and convert consumer insights and trend data into high impact product and digital marketing initiatives
- Experience with SEO technical tools, like Chrome’s developer console
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you appreciate both the journey just as much as the destination . . .
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that above all else, you fight for the user . . .
- 5+ years of SEO / Product Management experience
- 5+ years’ experience at growth stage businesses or scaled ecommerce companies
- Deep understanding of how to identify appropriate content topics and work with creatives to generate content (written, editorialized, and through multimedia)
- Firm grasp of SEO principles, strategies, and implementations
- Proficiency with standard SEO tools such as SEMRush, ahrefs, Moz, Google Webmaster Tools, and Botify.
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Mastery of technical-SEO fundamentals (page markup & schemas, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc)
- Experience working with marketing and product leads on SEO integration within marketing channels such as paid media, affiliate, seasonal, etc
- You care about people and have the heart of a UX with the brain of an analytical person and the soul of a creative.