Manager, Home Marketing (Jet.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1116374
What you'll do at
Manager, Home Marketing (Jet.com)
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
The Retail Marketing team owns the go-to-market strategy for categories and seasonal moments on Jet. Partnering with the Retail team (category “CEO”’s), we (category “CMO”’s) build and execute innovative marketing plans based on our deep understanding of our customer’s needs and shopping missions by category. We’re charged driving customer acquisition, retention, and profitability.
As Manager, Home Marketing, you will help to develop and drive category-specific marketing plans for Home. You will work together with the Home Retail organization and the media, creative, retention, partnerships and product teams to create and launch marketing for the rapidly expanding and evolving category. You will be in a unique, hybrid marketing role, liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners to bring your vision to life (i.e. Merchandising and Key Brand Partners) and to ultimately increase awareness, adoption, and retention for Home on Jet.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, creative, and organized growth marketer who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
• Partner with the Retail team to build a world class Home shopping experience through the creation of innovative and results-driven marketing strategies and onsite/in-app experiences and solutions
• Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving awareness, acquisition, retention and profitability. Liaise heavily with media, brand, partnership and retention teams to ensure we’re meeting business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies, launching on time and within budget.
• Leverage internal creative team and agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption and growth.
• Obtain deep category and customer behavior knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (merchandising, assortment, curation, design). Collaborate heavily with retail category teams.
• Build, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); track to specific forecast and budget.
• Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across Jet.com cross-functional teams.
• Develop a deep understanding of Jet’s media calendar, on-site and mobile properties, and opportunities, to effectively plan and communicate with internal and external partners to grow the business.
• Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
You’re a seasoned performance marketer with deep knowledge of and passion for retail, specifically ecomm. You understand what it means to have an aesthetic point of view and can speak confidently to good design. You love to take risks and enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision and then execute on that vision. You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth and profitability in ecommerce. You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief, and know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You also live for data, could spend hours getting lost in a spreadsheet, and can turn your analysis into tangible insights and strategies (and then implement them). You are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate. You live and breathe marketing and can go from chatting about media plans to partnerships to brand strategy to site experience in one conversation. You’re a flexible team player. You have great business sense and know when to trust your gut. You’re customer obsessed.
• 5+ years in ecommerce and marketing.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
• Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
• Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
• Creative and collaborative team player who can work with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influence decisions, and work under pressure.
• Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
• Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, brand and direct response marketing.
• Lifestyle and/or Home category experience a plus.
• BA/BS degree with strong academic record.