Director, SmartCart Savings Product Management
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Pricing
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1113835
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in product, technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started.
About the Role
The Director of SmartCart Savings Product Management will lead the product efforts to introduce Jet’s proprietary SmartCart program to Walmart.com. SmartCart dynamically encourages customers to shop in a way that is optimal for both the customer and Walmart and shares the rewards back with the customer.
Moving SmartCart to Walmart, and making it work in the Walmart omnichannel ecosystem, involves significant algorithmic work, building the real times savings engine, and front-end changes.
- Lead the SmartCart Product end to end. This includes defining the team’s roadmap and leading the team to deliver results.
- Closely collaborate with the team of SmartCart engineers as well as the product teams and engineers across the many other systems that interact with SmartCart.
- Help build the world's leading savings system.
- Deliver directly measurable sales and margin improvements.
- Interact frequently with the CEO and the rest of the senior leadership team to discuss high-level strategy, share tactics, and communicate results.
- Demonstrate management skills and leadership through hard lines and dotted lines and foster a team spirit and a highly collaborative environment
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- 6+ years of direct product management experience
- Retail and pricing expertise
- Proven leader with 3+ years of experience leading a large team of managers
- Demonstrated success in delivering software products from ideation to production and managing their continued growth
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability in developing actionable insights from large datasets
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and highly effective in cross-functional environments
- Familiarity with product/software development methodologies Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Proficient with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Technical ability– understand system architecture and meaningfully contribute to building a robust tech stack (ability to understand the tech stack conceptually, its strengths and limitations)