Senior Manager, Material Handling Equipment Design
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1100976
What you'll do at
The Senior Manager is responsible for leading engineering activities such as robot programming for all new and existing applications, including but not limited to ABB, Kuka, Fanuc, and Motoman. This individual will be responsible for developing the team’s tools and integration capabilities and strategies for increasing productivity and throughput via automation controls and logic programming edits, software and path alterations via either off-line or on-line methodologies. He/she will be expected to provide robot-specific or automated systems training to engineers, associates and maintenance personnel, as required. He/she will also drive process development, validation, testing and documentation.
What You'll Be Working On
- Selecting, leading, training and maturing a diverse team, including participating in the technical work with engineers who are involved in the designing, developing, improving/debugging and maintaining of sorters, conveyors, robotic systems and other automated material handling systems and software specific to our eCommerce Fulfillment business.
- Design PLC/HMI/Robotics programming & create technical documents such as user requirements, functional specifications and detailed design specifications
- Apply knowledge of tolerances and machine automation to systematize/update/modify current designs and processes
- Troubleshoot and diagnose design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, then proactively recommend revisions and/or improvements
- Create equipment specifications for Robots, and other automated equipment
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Sensors, Vision, Complex Mechanical designs and various controls for automated systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in CAD modeling (SOLIDWORKS preferred)
- Maintain and improve existing systems
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, operation associates, maintenance management, IT, and other internal staff
- Drive troubleshooting, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and problem-solving (basic to complex)
- Develop specification documents for equipment procurement and/or upgrades
- Write computer software/code
You’re a risk taker, a doer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for project management. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
Judgment: Make Informed Judgments - Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance of team member. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions. Demonstrates ability to discern between coincidental and causal factors in sorting out complex relationships.
Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results - Conveys a sense of urgency to drive team to complete and achieve the objectives of the business. Pursues the team’s definition, alignment and achievement of measurable and meaningful sub-goals. Prioritizes and balances time, manpower, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results.
Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance - Actively leads by example and precept to communicate, train, and guide the team members on compliance with policies and procedures. Builds and maintains a culture and environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipates potential issues and takes preventive action to enhance compliance.
Adaptability: Adapt and Learn - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identifies and takes steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites requiring extended overnight stays
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics, equivalent Engineering qualification/certification or significant experience in related role
- +2 years of relevant hands on PLC and Robotics experience (Graco, Fanuc, Motoman, etc)
- Ability to draw 2D/3D and understand drawing and technical specifications
- Experience with Fanuc, ABB, Motoman, or other major robotic brands
- Experience with drawing tools such as AutoCad, SolidWorks, or equivalent drawing tools
- Experience in design, repair and analysis of robotic systems
- Experience with Material Handling Systems, ie. Cranes, Shuttles, AGV’s, and Sortation equipment
- Experience working in one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Aerospace, Material Handling, Pharmaceutical, Machine Packaging, or Tooling
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. Founded on three simple values – trust, transparency and fairness – Jet is powered by a real-time pricing engine that finds innovative ways to pull costs out of the supply chain, creating more value for shoppers, retailers, and brands. Based in Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.