Associate Product Manager, Item Management Platform
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1082729
What you'll do at
As an Associate Product Manager in the Retail Core Engine you’ll be charged with leading strategic definition and tactical outcomes for Walmart’s US E-Commerce Business. Your scope will span e-commerce and omni-channel initiatives intersecting online and offline opportunities. You’ll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
About the Retail Core Engine Team
As the nucleolus to the Walmart eCommerce shopping experience, the Retail Core Engine is dedicated to solving complex and exciting challenges that will redefine the ecommerce experience and empower shoppers. The Item Management Product team is focused on the setup and management of goods that suppliers want to sell through Walmart. As a member of the Item Management Product team, you will help drive solutions that influence the behavior of our suppliers and customers. Each solution is an opportunity to drive value and design features that affect millions of customers shopping at Walmart. Our agile team collaborates with the engineering and business stakeholders to maintain and nurture roadmaps that define an experience from supplier to customer.
About the Position
In this role, you will solve challenges related to effortlessly listing and perfecting assortment from suppliers across multiple devices, channels, and platforms. The Associate Product Manager will deliver innovation by managing requirements that promote a best in class experience for our customers. You will have the opportunity to work with both Suppliers and Internal Stakeholders across various Walmart entities to execute on key strategic initiatives and programs. Your goal is simple, build an experience that customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders love.
The Item Management Product team focuses on orchestrating the setup of goods that will be sold on Walmart.com and Jet.com. The tools and features provided by the Item Management Product team are integral to Walmart’s business such that customers can discovery the items on site they want to buy.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will:
- Learn the art and science of Product Management at unsurpassed scale with the largest retailer on the planet.
- Balance technical acumen, user empathy and business insights to build an effective roadmap and vision
- Clearly define user stories that support your roadmap and vision
- Work closely with your stakeholders and engineering to deliver the systems and tools needed to drive overall growth.
- Measure, learn, and iterate following feature delivery.
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product.
Who Are You
- You have a passion for user experience and design and building interfaces that meet the need of your end users
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You are intellectually curious, savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- Hunger to learn, test new theories, and iterate rapidly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
- 2 years’ experience in product management, business consulting, or related field. Ecommerce experience a plus.