Marketing Specialist, Partnership Business Development
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1077137
What you'll do at
About the Job
The Affiliates & Partnerships team at Jet & Walmart combines rigorous quantitative analysis with creative optimization and business innovation. We focus on developing high-touch, high-impact relationships that can move the needle for our overall business, support the needs of our category-based retail teams, and deliver performance-based results. We’re looking for someone to play a significant role in forming new partnerships to support the growth of the overall affiliate channel and drive the topline of our business.
About the Role
As a Marketing Specialist, Partnership Business Development, you will be responsible for supporting the greater business development team across both Jet.com and Walmart.com as we work together to establish relationships with new partners and publishers to grow our topline business.
A strong candidate will have great partnership and collaboration skills and love working cross-functionally as part of a team. This is an ideal position for a candidate who is looking to build their career in online marketing, better understand the formation of effective business deal terms, and hone both sales and revenue generating skills across a diverse business.
- Support business development targets for the Affiliate & Partnerships team across both Jet.com and Walmart.com
- Collaborate closely with category marketing leads to understand retail-based business objectives and support business development team in securing relationships that deliver against those objectives
- Deep dive into partner data around traffic quality, product sales data, and customer cohorts to extract actionable insights
- Identify potential areas of opportunity to improve results and work closely with business development team to execute
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to obtain data, buy-in, and additional strategic capital necessary to make external partnerships successful
- Prepare internal communications providing status updates to stakeholders on progress of business development pipeline and highlight recent successes
- Analyze overall business development portfolio performance to ensure proper category mix and alignment with overall channel/retail team objectives
- 2-3 years of experience in a business development or analytically rigorous role.
- Extreme attention to detail, strong proficiency in Excel.
- Comfortable working in a data-driven environment.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills with both external and internal stakeholders.
- Enthusiasm and experience in ecommerce and consumer marketplaces.
- Understanding of affiliate marketing and how it fits within an omnichannel strategy.
- Knowledge of affiliate networks, Omniture, multi-touch attribution.