2nd Shift Training Process Manager
- Location EDGERTON, KS
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team General Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1075313
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet.com is seeking Process Managers for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Sparks NV. Jet is a well-funded start-up in the ecommerce space which plans to be the hottest startup of 2015 (you will be kicking yourself if you can do this job but don’t get in touch with us!). We have already recruited some of the best people in the country, so you will be working with a very smart group of people in a very exciting company. All staff in our Fulfillment Centers are responsible for getting Jet customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the fulfillment center.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, counseling and performance management of Associates.
- Identify areas for improvements in safety, quality, service, and productivity
- Assist in workforce planning for the department/FC
- In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at lightning speeds... our growth is relentless.
- Additional Job Elements:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years relevant fulfillment experience
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
- Bonus Points:
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or order fulfillment environment
- Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
This position is a Monday-Friday shift starting at 7:00 pm for 5, eight-hour shifts.
Our compensation philosophy is simple but powerful. Give everyone a meaningful stake in the company—the purest form of ownership. That’s why on top of base salary, Jet’s comp structure is heavily weighted in equity. Our collective hard work, high performance, and tenure are rewarded as our equity builds in value.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive Salaries. Real Ownership in the form of Stock Options. Unlimited Vacation. Full Healthcare Benefits. Exceptional Work Environment. Learning & Development Opportunities. Just for fun Networking & Events.