Senior Associate General Counsel I
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Legal
- Team Legal
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1075047
What you'll do at
The Senior Associate General Counsel I is responsible for providing legal support to the Jet.com business. Your ultimate goal is to provide business friendly legal solutions while effectively mitigating and minimizing risk.
What you’ll be working on
A wide array and ever-changing docket of legal matters including supporting product development, negotiating deals and commercial contracts, providing regulatory advice, and handling privacy and security matters.
- Provide business-focused, innovative solutions to complicated legal problems
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts for all areas of the business, including technology, retail, supply chain and marketing
- Research, understand and explain regulatory risks
- Provide guidance on consumer privacy and data security matters
- Review marketing materials and assist in developing compliant claims
- Develop and provide legal and regulatory training sessions for business teams
- Collaborate with business colleagues, compliance support and other lawyers and legal staff
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for learning and the law and you’re not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Experience in a wide variety of areas will be considered – commercial agreements, technology, licensing, regulatory, marketing, data protection and privacy
- Comfortable owning projects from start to finish with minimal oversight and capable of manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and ability to do your work in a dynamic open environment – Jet has no offices (not even for the lawyers!)
- Embrace projects large and small – yes, even those boilerplate contracts must (unfortunately) be reviewed
- Willingness to admit when you don’t know the answer, and then work extra hard to figure it out.
- The ability to function in chaos, make decisions quickly, and be confident in your own judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both lawyers and non-lawyers.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- A positive attitude and a great sense of humor!
- Minimum 8 years of experience in sophisticated commercial, transactional, marketing, and/or technology matters
- Preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Undergraduate Degree and Juris Doctor from top schools
- For experience with e-commerce, consumer products, SaaS/technology agreements, consumer privacy and/or data security
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.