Senior Associate, Employee Relations
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Talent
- Team Talent
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1073563
What you'll do at
The Senior Associate, Employee Relations is responsible for consulting and providing counsel/recommendations to leaders and managers while resolving issues or general complaints. Your ultimate goal is to provide education to the manager and associate population on best practices and be responsible to partner with the broader HR team on facilitated educational sessions around feedback and performance improvement. This position will report directly to the Manager, Employee Relations whom is based out of the Hoboken, NJ Walmart eCommerce location.
What you’ll be working on
- In partnership with other teams this role will be responsible for investigating concerns and complaints while ensuring a resolution has been met that meets policy and business needs, as well as driving performance management and improvement.
- The ideal candidate will be able to balance business needs and manager assessment while listening to the associate perspective.
- The Senior Associate, Employee Relations will be responsible to effectively partner with the business and act as a liaison for the associate population.
- Manages partnerships with client groups and associate populations
- Documents and reports employee relations activities and shared trends and patterns with appropriate client leaders and Human Resources Business Partners (HRBP).
- Ensures compliance with associate-related policies, procedures, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Partners with managers, associates, legal counsel, and HRBP in administering company policies and procedures
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions that support business workflows and growth to the organization
You’re a risk taker, a dreamer that delivers, you have and can implement big ideas with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends and colleagues to know what’s happening in the world and staying “in the know.” You have a passion for Employee Relations. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change and you have these main skills:
- Experience in working with large, matrixed client groups in multiple locations while ensuring trusted partnerships with those clients (varied states, locations and business units)
- Familiarity with managing multiple competing priorities while engaging with varied partners across the organization
- Ability to make decisions in partnership with client groups and HR/Legal stakeholders
- Experienced in client and stakeholder collaboration and a trusted thought partner
- Ability to use good to great judgment in difficult situations and be confident in decision making to final outcome
- Experience with document review and effectively communicating policies and practices
- Experience and training in emotional intelligence a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in HR generalist activities and employee relations
- Working Logistics: Travel between corporate locations, additional travel required to remote offices
- Knowledge of employment law (multi-state), compliance, employee relations subject matter expertise required
- Familiarity and experience with HRIS, case management tracking systems and methods to track and analyze data