UI/UX Designer, Fulfillment
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1070482
What you'll do at
The Fulfillment UI/UX Designer is responsible for designing best-in-class experiences, highly intuitive workflows & dashboards used across our fulfillment centers, nationwide. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, operations, and other teams to design a great user experience for our thousands of fulfillment associates. Your ultimate goal is to create & implement an end-to-end design with which it is pleasantly simple to interact. Your creation will genuinely have an impact on how our associates change the way the world shops. Care for the challenge?
Challenges you’ll be tackling
Create, Build and Iterate: You will define the end-to-end user experience and build the interface used across our two WMSs used throughout our nine fulfillment centers. We challenge you to design in a way that will optimize current operational processes while keeping the user in mind. Once built, think of ways it can improve, let your mind wonder, and turn those ideas into beautiful creations.
Ownership: We trust you’ll lead the design initiative. While you’ll collaborate with our talented team of product managers and engineers, we rely on you to get to know and advocate for the user. You’ll have the design reigns to the product from inception all the way to execution.
Strategic Thinking: Get acquainted with the business’s goals understand the user’s needs and implement best practices that will agree with the overall fulfillment operations and users nationwide.
- Translate business requirements into simple flows/interactions and design interfaces that are visually appealing and highly functional
- Create mockups, wireframes, prototypes, final visual design, and flows
- Ensure there is consistent design language across products
- Help promote UI/UX best practices and contribute to the working design style and guidelines
- QA features before release
- Own the UX research and reiterate based on user feedback and analysis
- Partner with our Product Managers and Engineers
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you care about the experience when purchasing an eBook but can’t quite get to check out because something in the workflow is off…
- If you are curious about said problem above and go on a hunt to try to fix it…
- If you care about design as much as most of us at Jet love dogs…
- If plain and simple, you want to create an impact on a large scale…
Then we think you’d look great in purple!
- Minimum of 4 years of UI/UX design, product design, or similar role creating user-centric experiences
- BS/MS in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual and interaction design (please submit with application)
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, and other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Fulfillment, supply chain, or operations experience
- Experience designing for workflow-based processes
- Prototyping animations and interactions
- Copywriting skills
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. Founded on three simple values – trust, transparency and fairness – Jet is powered by a real-time pricing engine that finds innovative ways to pull costs out of the supply chain, creating more value for shoppers, retailers, and brands. Based in Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.