Associate Product Manager, Retail Core Engine - Inventory Systems
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1058583
What you'll do at
As an Associate Product Manager in the Retail Core Engine you’ll be charged with leading strategic definition and tactical outcomes for Walmart’s US E-Commerce Business. Your scope will span e-commerce and omni-channel initiatives intersecting online and offline opportunities. You’ll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product manager within the Retail Core Engine you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. You’ll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmart’s US E-Commerce Retail Business you’ll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com)
- Diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in their fields
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business… partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience
- The ability to influence the direction of a company only constrained by your vision and passion to execute
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
About the Job
Walmart's Retail Core Engine team leads the development of platforms for inventory availability across Walmart’s US eCommerce sites, including Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Shoes.com and others. In this role, you will partner with US eCommerce business leadership and the Walmart Retail Technology organization on conceptualizing, designing, and building the next generation of retail platforms that will empower each Walmart US eCommerce site to build omnichannel and unique customer-centric experiences.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and data driven product professional with a passion for building systems at a massive scale.
What You'll do
In this role, you will:
- Define product strategy for our next generation inventory platforms.
- Build an effective roadmap and define user stories that support business objectives and stakeholder needs.
- Collaborate across all of Walmart's US sites and thousands of merchants to build scalable solutions that leverage Walmart's supply chain and fulfillment network.
- Develop solutions that enable Walmart's marketplace and Jet's merchants to deliver great customer experiences.
- Work across product and engineering teams to deliver scalable systems that power the customer experience.
- Deliver cutting edge solutions at Walmart scale.
- Serve as an internal evangelist for your product.
Who are you
- Strong communicator; able to level up and down on topics with ease.
- Drive continuous improvement while balancing both "incremental" and "breakthrough" improvements.
- Able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits of new features to retail, product, and technology teams.
- History of successfully influencing through peers/peer teams to achieve milestones.
- Ability to query, process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Think analytically and know how to leverage data to prioritize features.
- Can envision a world different than the status quo and can clearly articulate the path to get there.
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Someone people like working with!
- 1+ years of Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience building systems that scale to hundreds of millions of transactions per day