Associate Director, Fashion Category Marketing
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team Marketing Analytics & Insights
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1051059
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
The Retail Marketing team owns the go-to-market strategy for categories and seasonal moments on Jet. Partnering with the Retail team (category “CEO”’s), we (category “CMO”’s) build and execute innovative marketing plans based on our deep understanding of our customer’s needs and shopping missions by category. We’re charged driving customer acquisition, retention, and profitability.
As the Associate Director of Fashion Marketing on the Retail Marketing team, you’ll be responsible for developing, evolving, and executing the Fashion marketing vision and strategy on Jet. You will work together with the Fashion Retail organization and the media, creative, retention, partnerships and product teams to create and launch marketing for the rapidly expanding and evolving category. You will be a leader in a unique, hybrid marketing role, liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners to bring your vision to life (Merchandising, Pricing, and Key Brand Partners) and to ultimately increase awareness, adoption, and retention for Fashion on Jet.
You’re a seasoned marketer with deep knowledge of and passion for retail (specifically ecomm) and fashion. You love to take risks and enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision and then execute on that vision. You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth and profitability in ecommerce. You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief, and know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You also live for data, could spend hours getting lost in a spreadsheet, and can turn your analysis into tangible insights and strategies (and then implement them). You are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate. You live and breathe marketing and can go from chatting about media plans to partnerships to brand strategy to site experience in one conversation. You’re a flexible team player. You have great business sense and know when to trust your gut. You’re customer and fashion obsessed.
• Partner with the Retail team to build a world class fashion shopping experience through the creation of innovative and results-driven marketing strategies and on-site/in-app experiences and solutions.
• Grow the fashion category with a focus on driving awareness, acquisition, retention and profitability for Jet. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention and partnerships teams to meet business objectives.
• Be creative, take risks: Work with design, retail, and product to build breakthrough innovations to drive category adoption and growth.
• Build, track, and monitor marketing campaigns and performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); create and track to forecast and budget.
• Develop a deep understanding of consumer habits in fashion (online and offline) and act as an internal advocate for innovative solutions and marketing campaigns that will acquire and retain the best customers.
• Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for Fashion marketing across Jet.com cross-functional teams.
• Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
• 8-10 years relevant experience in B2C ecommerce marketing. Fashion experience required.
• Experience in both direct response and brand marketing. Knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships.
• Proven leadership and people development skills, as well as experience working and influencing cross functionally.
• Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
• Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions and measure impact to the business.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
• Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
• Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
• Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, and fashion in particular.
• BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.