Kansas Supply Chain Intern (Gardner, KS)
- Location GARDNER, KS
- Department Other
- Team Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1033436
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet.com is seeking Supply Chain Interns for our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Gardner, KS. Jet is a well-funded start-up in the e-commerce space which plans to be the hottest startup of 2015 (you will be kicking yourself if you can do this job but don’t get in touch with us!). We have already recruited some of the best people in the country, so you will be working with a very smart group of people in a very exciting company.
All staff in our Fulfillment Centers are responsible for getting Jet customers their orders. You are responsible for assisting and learning the processes of Jet warehousing and supply chain management. This internship is a great opportunity to learn the world of Supply Chain Management within a start-up and ecommerce atmosphere. We only hire the best talent, so you will get to learn from some of the best in the industry.
This summer internship will begin in May 2018 and conclude in August 2018 (specific dates are flexible). Full-time opportunities are available.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify areas for improvements in safety, quality, service and productivity
- Support managers in the 3 main areas of the FC, Inbound, Mid-bound and Outbound through business analysis, project work and day to day support
- Assist with various Supply Chain projects
- In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at lightning speed… our growth is relentless
- A brilliant student currently working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or another related field OR a recent graduate from a four-year program that graduated with these related degrees
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior in college
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impressive analytical skills
- Creative and resourceful
- Knowledge of supply chain concepts
- Candidates must have flexible availability
This is a paid internship ($17.40/hour) that also offers college credit.
At this time, this FC does not offer relocation or housing expenses
Benefits & Perks
Exceptional Work Environment. Casual Dress. Learning & Development Opportunities. Just for fun Networking & Events.
The best internship experience you could ever dream of!