Senior Software Engineer, Build & Release
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Technology
- Team Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1033340
What you'll do at
Jet's engineering team built the platform that runs Jet.com in 2014 from the ground up - it’s distributed/event driven and consists of thousands of microservices. In our highly distributed, modern architecture, we face increasing build and release challenges. The popular build and release tools we use are not able to meet our needs.
This position will be part of Jet’s platform group and help us build a platform for developing and maintaining a robust build and release system. You will design and implement our next generation of tools for building, continuous integration, test automation and release management. All of these things you will do must be broadly communicated and documented. A key part of this role is also mentoring others on how to build and release new software at Jet. Build & Release engineers at Jet are the cornerstone of the technology teams with tremendous responsibility and high visibility. The candidate is expected to continually strive to improve tools and processes and foster relationships with other areas by building strong networks.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Worked in build and release for at least 5+ years.
- You understand the ins-and-outs of Jenkins or other build tools.
- You write well documented code with proper error handling.
- Owned the decision of whether or not software is ready to ship to production.
- You say no, and are not afraid to provide pushback when the build is not ready.
- You jump on any blocking issues to ensure the software gets out the door.
- You guarantee quality by running the process for software release.
- Deployed and managed build, release, and automation tools to a cloud platform.
- You have experience with Chef or Ansible or other configuration management tool.
- You have managed build clusters either via Jenkins or other build tools.
- Bonus Points:
- You have led a team in build and release.
Technologies, We Use:
Microsoft Azure, Nomad, Prometheus, Docker, F#, Golang, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Vagrant, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Zookeeper, EventStore, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server, New Relic, Splunk, Nagios, PagerDuty
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no ones looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
See what we’ve been up to
"A New & Improved Saving Experience" // by Jessica Anerella, Product Design at Jet.com