Just a 10-minute commute from Manhattan, Hoboken offers incredible views, top restaurants, a bustling nightlife, and a sense of community that welcomes all.
"One of the traits of folks at Jet is simply kindness, and there's no doubt that the people here are nice! You can learn about everything from machine learning to PLA's just by asking."— Sean Echevarria Senior Manager, Talent Brand
From hackathons to product launches see what's being created in our home office.
Jet Innovation Time0:00
Things to do for the
Whether you're running, sunning, picnicking or people-watching, Pier A is one-park-fits-all. Enjoy summertime concerts or movie nights by the Hudson River with a panoramic view of Manhattan.
After putting in a day's work, stop by Pilsener for a craft beer, a band and an indulgent Austro-Hungarian menu. Or, settle in on Sundays for a "let's do this" kind of brunch.
Choc O Pain
This French bakery is located in downtown Hoboken and is the perfect spot to swing by for a strong cup of coffee and tasty pastry. Stop by with a friend to relax and enjoy their many offerings.
Green Pear Cafe is a family-owned business featuring Lavazza coffee and slow food. The aesthetic is inviting and the service is welcoming, whether you're grabbing a cup to go or looking to sip.
Bluestone Lane Coffee
Cold-pressed juices, avocado toast, matcha lattes, and really. good. coffee. Positioned on the vibrant Washington St and nestled within a young and thriving restaurant and shopping scene.
Craving something with a kick? The Cuban is an upscale lounge offering authentic cuisine, live music and a dozen signature drinks — a perfect recipe for a night out with friends.
For dining out or ordering delivery, this low-key joint offers reasonably priced, quality Thai—and it's BYO.
Just around the corner from Jet Headquarters, Grimaldi/s makes signature brick over pies with fresh "mozz" and "you're part of the family" service.
New and exciting opportunities
- RetailHOBOKEN, NJ
The Site Merchandiser- Pet is responsible for leading the strategy, innovation and development of our customer experience at Jet.com. Your ultimate goal is to collaborate with marketing and the category teams to ensure we provide the consumer the optimal shopping experience for online pet supplies shoppers. The right candidate will demonstrate a winning attitude, be flexible, creative, action and results oriented, analytical and self-starting. They will partner with cross functional teams in business and technology to drive efficiencies with automation and optimize the customer’s shopping experience on Jet.com. You own our customer’s journey (and their pets!) and we want you to make it an amazing one.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Executing the optimal shopping experience: create emotional pet specific content via marketing, landing pages, story-telling, curated shops, solution oriented experiences, proper reviews and personalization.
Meeting the needs of our customers & category/company business plans: stay abreast of the competition and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale. Work closely with category managers to understand important brands & products they plan to buy heavily into, industry trends, industry seasonal moments & global company pushes
Support Sub Category Perfection: proper taxonomy, attribution, basic & enhanced content, sku boosting, SEO, CO-OP Marketing/Merchandising.
- Contribute to the development of the strategy for site features/functionality and execute these across categories to achieve sales and site-level goals.
- Execute online customer experiences throughout all devices, from desktop to mobile, including apps.
- Maintain calendar of upcoming site changes within the pet category across global marketing campaigns, category marketing campaigns, COOP merchandising, industry happenings & site merchandizing stories. Execute these channels in the most optimized way to engage the customer.
- Analyze content performance and modify site merchandising strategy based on findings.
- Collaborate with partners across all retail to merchandise the pet category into homepage opportunities, other global pages, seasonal events, and corporate campaigns to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
- Work closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (including Category Producer, Design, Copy & Content, Marketing, Merchandising and Engineering teams) to align on seasonal program strategies and plans.
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If when you see a dog/cat/InsertOtherAnimalHere you immediately start making “oh my that is soooo cute I NEED to pat/stroke/InsertOtherLovingActionHere” sort of noises…
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you enjoy a fast paced environment where things are constantly innovating
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change…
We think you’d look great in purple.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of experience in eCommerce, retail, Web build, visual merchandising
- 2-5 years of experience working in content management systems
- Basic working knowledge of HTML, CSS. mobile apps, responsive design
- 1-3 years of experience with Omniture, Web analytics, customer metrics, KPIs and financials, A/B testing
- Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
- MarketingHOBOKEN, NJ
Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 260 million customers and members visit our more than 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 sales of approximately $486 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide.
Our purpose of saving people money so they can live better is based on our core values and culture of service to the customer; respect for the individual; strive for excellence; and act with integrity. Our strategy to deliver on this commitment is founded on the objectives of making every day easier for busy families; changing how we work; delivering results and operating with discipline; and being the most trusted retailer. Our ultimate success depends on creating shared value for all stakeholders: customers, associates, communities and shareholders.
We are at a unique point in our company history and in the history of retail. We are changing our way of thinking and working as we develop a truly omnichannel customer experience and organization. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join us on that journey.
About the Social Media team
The Social Media marketing team is responsible for our national, social media brand presence (e.g., our @walmart handles). Our team’s mission is to help build and strengthen the Walmart brand through both compelling storytelling and authentic social interactions. Through our work, our team connects with consumers on an unprecedented scale. We’re looking for creative, forward thinking, and data-driven social media marketers to help shape social content and engagement for the world’s largest retailer at this pivotal moment in our company history.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced social media content manager possessing equal parts “Creative Brain” and “Project Manager Brain” to join our team. In this role you will:
- Manage the social media editorial calendar, maintaining a unified single view on our planned content and ensuring our content is timely, culturally relevant, on brand, and cohesive.
- Develop thorough and accurate social media briefs, and present them to the creative team
- Schedule and execute posts for all Brand Social content to be published on owned @Walmart channels. (Primarily Instagram, Instagram Stories, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Identify potential high-impact social posts/responses and ideate real-time engagement tactics on the fly. This includes writing attention-grabbing copy in our brand voice and tone.
- Actively search for engaging, elevated user generated content to re-post and circulate on our owned social channels.
- Conduct a light weight monthly performance report for content to educate the team on post strategies moving forward.
- Prepare materials to share out to key business stakeholders to provide insight into our activities. This includes sharing our content calendar, as well as putting together performance roundups on the amount of engagement posts earned.
- Intuitively adapt to the changing landscape of social platforms, and actively advise the team on how our content should reflect these changes.
- Tackling other projects as needed by the team to keep us running a well-oiled social media machine.
- 3-5 years of experience managing day-to-day social media activities at a large-scale brand or agency is a must.
- Experience managing and leading projects.
- Experience briefing an in-house creative team and/or agency is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent social media judgement (e.g., knowing what to tweet and when to tweet it).
- Demonstrated knowledge with optimizing content on specific social media platforms to drive engagement.
- HOBOKEN, NJ
Software Engineer III (Jet.com, Inc., Hoboken, NJ)
To Apply, click “Apply.” EOE. MFDV.
- OperationsHOBOKEN, NJ
The Special Operations Manager is responsible for solving problems within the supply chain of one of the most sophisticated operations in the world. Your ultimate goal is to positively impact the customer experience with our eCommerce products from a shipping and logistics perspective, all through your mastery of data and analytics.
What you’ll be working on:
- "First Hand Experience” – You will live and breathe operations and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- “Support teams” –You act as a second set of eyes, are always willing to lend a hand, and put our heads together to tackle challenges
- “Data is our main priority” – You always have data to drive our decisions
- “Leave no stone unturned” – You investigate and provide ongoing analysis to identify factors that will improve the company’s performance
- “Do what’s right for the customer” – Make recommendations that support outstanding customer satisfaction
About the Job
As a Special Operations Manager, you will proactively manage projects from inception to completion. You are in the driver seat. You pull your Manager when you need advice and touch-base with Executives when big decisions are required, for the rest you drive. You are responsible for:
- Strong project management where you will set timelines, goals, deliverables, and execute accordingly
- Set up a process to drive results while working with cross-functional teams
- Define hypothesis, perform analysis, and come to a conclusion that solves a procedural problem
This position will have the opportunity to work on topics such as improving on-time delivery, offering faster shipping at no extra cost, optimizing fulfillment options (pickup, site-to-store), improving fresh product delivery experience, etc.
- 2-5 years of relevant professional experience
- eCommerce operations OR consulting experience
- BA/BS with demonstrated high academic achievement; MBA is a plus
- Ownership: Flexible, collaborative approach to problem solving, in which creativity and quick thinking can lead to a solution in hours rather than days
- Analytical: Ability to manipulate large data sets and quantities of data to drive business decisions and maintain high attention to detail. Strong Excel and SQL skills are a must
- Diligent: Track-record of effectively completing multiple and time-sensitive projects
- Team Player: Ability to develop partnerships, utilize strong communication skills, and work cross-functionally
About the Department
Within Walmart US E-Commerce (Walmart.com and Jet.com), the Supply Chain team is at the center because our company’s vision is to reimagine Every Day Low Prices with the most efficient E-Commerce supply chain. As part of the Supply Chain organization, the Special Operations team is focused on bringing end-to-end visibility to our supply chain performance and working on special projects to accelerate the processes. This team sits in both Hoboken, NJ and the San Francisco Bay Area, CA so you have the option to choose location. The team is small but mighty, which is why we are looking for the right candidate to join us!
Jet is reshaping eCommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
- HOBOKEN, NJ
Senior Software Engineer (Jet.com, Inc., Hoboken, NJ)
Design and develop new features to the existing (F#) codebase. Perform peer reviews of code written by other developers. Serve as a production on-call support on a scheduled rotating basis, responsible for critical systems maintenance and correction. Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures. Ensure the accurate documentation of and maintenance of software functionality. Deploy software tools, processes and metrics. Contribute to the overall technology culture within the group and company. Participate in various stages of the Agile development process.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or related field and 2 years of experience developing and implementing applications with either an object oriented or functional programming language; OR Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or related field and 5 years of experience developing and implementing applications with either an object oriented or functional programming language. Experience analyzing and deploying technical specifications. Experience using Agile development methodology. Experience using GIT for source code management. Experience testing programs. Experience building and deploying programs to production servers using continuous integration frameworks. Experience performing the deployment of software tools, processes and metrics and diagnosing and addressing production issues. Employer will accept any amount of experience with the required skills.
To Apply, click “Apply.” EOE. MFDV. 2 positions open.